500 gr. of Black Rounded Beans LA COMANDANTA
1 slice of onion cut into small pieces
1 purple cabbage
For the chucrut:
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips leaving a large piece to use as a lid.
- Place in a good size container and add a tablespoon of salt (table salt should not be used as it is iodized and fluoridated).
- Massage the cabbage until the liquid runs out and covers the cabbage.
- Place in a glass jar and squeeze it as much as possible so that all the liquid covers it.
- We put the large piece that we set aside as a lid and put it together with a weight to make sure that all the cabbage is below the liquid.
- Cover the jar without closing it completely and leave it in a dark and dry place. It is left to ferment for approximately 2 weeks.
For the enfrijoladas:
- Fry the onion with a little oil.
- Blend the beans and incorporate with the onion.
- Heat over low heat until it boils. Fry the tortillas and bathe them with beans.
- Use the fermented chucrut to put it on top.
BLACK BEANS BALL LA COMMANDANTA
It is cultivated under traditional methods from Tepecoculco, State of Mexico. The black bean is a food rich in iron, very favorable to prevent anemia: essential calcium for the formation and maintenance of bones; potassium, regulator of blood pressure, among others.